Discussion Forum

TOPIC: ROCKHOUNDING

Subject:
Posted: February 28, 2006 11:14 PM MST
Comments: I've noticed that most western states offer more information than NM does. In fact they promote their resources. In addition to that, most western states offer many more sites to collect rocks and minerals including maps to various collecting sites to go rockhounding; but, not NM. I believe with the number of people collecting rocks and minerals, NM would benefit with a program to lure more of this type of tourist to our state. This type of tourist would come back again and again if there were more that 1 area (Rockhound State Park) to collect in. Southern NM is too hot in the summer for most people to walk around Rockhound State Park for more than a few minutes to have any kind of enjoyable experience. What are your feelings on this topic? Thanks JW
Posted By: Julian Wondolowski

Subject:
Posted: April 1, 2006 10:03 AM MST
Comments: Maybe you are right. I know one rockhound and even I don't do it myself, I do know a lot of folks find this enjoyable.
Posted By: Preciliano Martin

Subject:
Posted: July 28, 2006 3:16 PM MDT
Comments: I am new to New Mexico, and would appreciate and info you can provide on legal rockhounding sights here. Thank you for your assistance and advice.
Posted By: Katy

Post your comments to this discussion
Please login or sign up for an account to post your comments to this discussion.

LOGIN

Username:

Password:

Username:

Password:

Confirm password:

Password hint:

Email:

Confirm email:

Back to TOPICS LIST»