Discussion Forum

TOPIC: La Junta/Watrous

Subject:
Posted: March 29, 2006 7:28 PM MST
Comments: My fathers family came from Watrous. My Great Grand Father, Teodoro Martin, setteled there between 1859 and 1861 and stayed there till the 1930's. My grandfather Preciliano, Doniciano, Ambrosio, Florencio, Francisco Martin(ez) were his sons. Would like to ciommunicate with folks or decendants who knew them.
Posted By: Ptrciliano Martin

Subject:
Posted: April 19, 2006 10:06 AM MDT
Comments: Most Martinez in the San Miguel/Mora County area used to be Martin's back before the American occupation. Does anyone have additional info?
Posted By:

Subject:
Posted: November 5, 2006 5:04 PM MST
Comments: I am looking for info regarding Caroline Kronieg, born in Watrous, N.M. and married William Henry Harrison
Posted By: Lori Lundberg

Subject: La Junta/Watrous
Posted: March 7, 2009 4:05 PM MST
Comments: My Grandmother Aurora Arroyos comes from Watrous her father Antonio Arroyos lived in watrous and worked on the Kronieg Ranch and died in 1957 and is buried on the Kronieg Ranch. Antonio was born in Socorro and came to Watrous as a teen his parents were Feliciano Arroyos and Manuela Hurtado his maternal grandmother was Dolores Hurtado his mother died when he was 6 months and grandmother when he was 7. Father disapeared before he was born. Aurora married Rosendo Maes son of Benigno Maes & Maria Timotea Jiminez(Jimines) they also lived in Wagon Mound after married. Would love to connect with anyone with info on these families will also share what I have contact me at themaesfamily@gmail.com
Posted By: Heather

Subject: Antonio Arroyos and Rosendo Maes
Posted: May 6, 2009 6:40 PM MDT
Comments: Seems like they were living next door to one another in Watrous in 1930. That acording to the 1930 Federal Census. Antonio at age 40 with his wife Marcelina at age 26. Rosendo was 26 and his wife Aurora was 19 and living next door.
Posted By: Preciliano Martin

Post your comments to this discussion
Please login or sign up for an account to post your comments to this discussion.

LOGIN

Username:

Password:

Username:

Password:

Confirm password:

Password hint:

Email:

Confirm email:

Back to TOPICS LIST»