Discussion Forum

TOPIC: Governor Melgares

Subject:
Posted: December 4, 2006 11:18 AM MST
Comments: I am looking for the date of death and locale if possible of Facundo Melgares who was governor from 1818 - 1822. I believe he was born in 1775, probably in Spain, and of his connection with Zebulon Pike, but I can't find his date of death nor where. Can you help?
Posted By: Alma

Subject:
Posted: December 4, 2006 11:19 AM MST
Comments: You can find information on him in an M.A. thesis by Thomas M. Bolkan titled Facundo Melgares and the Northern Frontier of New Spain though it does not contain the specific information you are looking for. Also see: Author: Gómez, Arthur. Title: ROYALIST IN TRANSITION: FACUNDO MELGARES, THE LAST SPANISH GOVERNOR OF NEW MEXICO, 1818-1822. Citation: New Mexico Historical Review 1993 68(4): 371-387. ISSN: 0028-6206 Author: Weber, David J., ed. Title: AN UNFORGETTABLE DAY: FACUNDO MELGARES ON INDEPENDENCE. Citation: New Mexico Historical Review 1973 48(1): 27-44. ISSN: 0028-6206
Posted By: Dr. Dennis P. Trujillo

Subject: Governor Melgares
Posted: May 16, 2011 8:47 PM MDT
Comments: Hi, he died in 1835 according to an article listed on HighBeam Research. He is my ancestor. I am trying to find out where he is buried.
Posted By: Brenda Melgares

Subject: Gov, Facundo Melgares
Posted: September 28, 2012 2:44 AM MDT
Comments: He died in Ciudad de Victoria de Durango, Durango, Mexico.
Posted By: frmirabal

Post your comments to this discussion
Please login or sign up for an account to post your comments to this discussion.

LOGIN

Username:

Password:

Username:

Password:

Confirm password:

Password hint:

Email:

Confirm email:

Back to TOPICS LIST»