Discussion Forum

TOPIC: La Liendre NM

Subject: La Liendre
Posted: May 22, 2009 2:09 PM MDT
Comments: My name is Monica and I'm searching for records of my family. They were from La Liendre and their surnames are Tapia and Martinez. I know my great-great grandfather's name was Cayetano Tapia. My grandpa is Patricio Tapia born 3/17/1899. My great grandma is Adela Tapia (born Martinez on 9/23/1900). I don't know her parent's names but apparently they were wealthy and owned a general store and a post office?
Posted By: Monica

Subject: Tapia Family--
Posted: September 23, 2009 1:51 PM MDT
Comments: Monica-- My family was Tapia from La Liendre. My great grandmother was also named Adela. Email me. myrriahg@hotmail.com
Posted By: myrriah

Subject: La Liendre - Sierra Family
Posted: October 11, 2009 3:33 PM MDT
Comments: My family is also from La Liendre. My Great Great Grandfather Atanacio Sierra was in the sheep herder business, with 50k sheep that roamed from La Lindre to Colonias in the 1870's. Later in the early 1900's moved the heard to Colonias closer to the Pecos River. My great grandfather Raymundo Sierra was born in La Liendre May 2, 1887. The census did record La Liendre and more La Lindre info was at ancestory. I have a site for La Lindre and Colonias at www.coloniasnm.com . I don't have any pictures of La Liendre, if anyone does have photoes please send them to rob@coloniasnm.com and I will post them. This is where our ancestors grew up and I would hate to loose all of La Liendre. Please send me any info or pics you have on La Liendre or Colonias. I have several family trees from both places. Thanks
Posted By: Rob Sierra

Subject: La Liendre-Urioste Family
Posted: October 30, 2009 11:24 AM MDT
Comments: My grandfather, Juan D. Urioste was born in La Liendre in 1891, so I am sure these families knew one another. I am having a hard time finding any info on them.
Posted By: jhenley

Post your comments to this discussion
Please login or sign up for an account to post your comments to this discussion.

LOGIN

Username:

Password:

Username:

Password:

Confirm password:

Password hint:

Email:

Confirm email:

Back to TOPICS LIST»