Discussion Forum

TOPIC: Chaperito

Subject: Valeria Garcia
Posted: September 14, 2010 12:40 PM MDT
Comments: It has only been after my father's death that a little bit of information has come to light about his family. It is my understanding that he grew up under his grandmother's care in Chaperito. I have only a name: Valeria Garcia; and a little bit of family lore: "She had about a dozen children, was estremely religious"... and serious about education, sending her kids to the Catholic school." One of her daughters, Maria Trinidad Garcia, is my paternal grandmother (my dad: Abel Carlos Florez 9born 1928, Phoenix, AZ), had two older brothers, Antonio and pasqual. Their dad, Emilio disappeared and Maria Trinidad remarried a Torres (in Dona Ana county?). I believe she died giving birth to a daughter, who servived. That is when my dad went to live with Valeria. Valeria lived at least until 1945. She refused to allow my dad to join the army until his 17 birthday (in 1945). She could have lived well into the 60s. I have a dim memory, probably from around 1965 of visiting family a farm house and a small general store on a visit to "Las Vegas" I know now that we we must have been in Chaperito, not the "big city" of Las Vegas. If any one has info on Valerio Garcia, please post, or contact me via email: acflorez@sonalyst.com Thank you, Abraham Florez
Posted By:

Post your comments to this discussion
Please login or sign up for an account to post your comments to this discussion.

LOGIN

Username:

Password:

Username:

Password:

Confirm password:

Password hint:

Email:

Confirm email:

Back to TOPICS LIST»