Discussion Forum

TOPIC: Corazon Hill, NM

Subject: Corazon Hill, NM
Posted: November 16, 2010 3:17 PM MST
Comments: My husband\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s mother, Delfinia, was from La Garita/corazon/Trujillo area. She, together with her nine sisters, and two brothers help build the corazon hill, also may have been known as La Cuesta de Holguin,further to the south of the canyon. She was from the Lopez Y Romero family. Would appreciate any information as we are doing a pedigree chart on this family.
Posted By: Aggie

Subject: 51 land grant petitioners--San Miguel del Bado
Posted: November 16, 2010 3:42 PM MST
Comments: Have looked high and low for the names of the 51 petitoners of the land grant--SMDB. Unable to locate. If anyone has that list of names, could you kindly direct me to it. Appreciate it.

Subject: San Miguel del Bado Grantees
Posted: November 20, 2010 9:00 AM MST
Comments: http://nuevomejicano.blogspot.com/2010/01/1803-grantees-for-san-miguel-del-bado.html Cut and paste the web address
Posted By: Preciliano Martin

Subject: 51 Petitioners, 58 Grantees
Posted: November 20, 2010 9:08 AM MST
Comments: 51 petitioned but the Governor granted the grant to 58 grantees.

Subject: 51 petitioners, etc
Posted: November 20, 2010 5:13 PM MST
Comments: Mr. Preciliano Martin, would like to chat more with you on email. Would that be a problem with you? Also would like to send you other lists with different names on it; Have gone back to the 1500s in my pedigree chart and have found Martin in the Maternal side of my family.

Subject: Sure, Contact Me
Posted: November 21, 2010 8:16 AM MST
Comments: @ preciliano@yahoo.com

Subject: Corazon Hill
Posted: January 27, 2011 11:08 PM MST
Comments: Hi, First of all I\'d like to say that I love this website. And I love the Red and Yellow colors. I\'m responding to the first topic from Aggie. My family was from the Trementina area, Corazon Hill must have been one of my father\'s favorite places as I have a drawing of it, it\'s actually an old map he drew and last summer we followed it to the Sanchez home that is deserted but still in the family, he also tells of seeing the green glowing lights along Corazon Hill in the 40\'s and 50\'s, our family by Corazon Hill are Gonzales, Sanchez\'s, Pachacos and lots of Lujans. Also I met a Mr. Romero who has lived in that area all his life, I met him in Las Vegas, New Mexico last summer, he is in his 70\'s, I met his wife it turned out she grew up in that area, we made an appointment to meet again when I went to visit, she was gone but her but her husband Mr. Romero was home, I had taken an old old letter my aunt had lent to me describing landmarks and places, watering holes and places from long ago but certainly not forgotten, these are all Trementina places, I read it to him, there just wasn\'t enough time,he remembered them and much more, I only wish I had more time, it was the last night of my vacation, but he might be able to help you. That man is sharp, he remembered everything, the people, the places, if your interest please write to me, you\'d then I\'ll write Mr. Romero, his wife\'s name is Mrs. Maes or Maestas. Maybe they can help you, they are very nice people. My name is Anita Gomez and you may write to me at Anita.Gomez@yahoo.com
Posted By: Anita Gomez

Post your comments to this discussion
Please login or sign up for an account to post your comments to this discussion.

LOGIN

Username:

Password:

Username:

Password:

Confirm password:

Password hint:

Email:

Confirm email:

Back to TOPICS LIST»